Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 07-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
tyconger191
Badguy

Default Adventurer's Quest - The Sorcerer

This is a text adventure game.

It is only a 1 Player game, this is to make it so the game can be easier to manage.

If you want to play you have to wait until the player slot is unoccupied.

You will know that the player slot is occupied because of the player slot indicator at the bottom of this post.

In this game you will be given goals and will be required to follow a strict path, however if you aren't careful you will die. Once you die, you can never play this game again and the player slot will change to be unoccupied rather than occupied. You can win the game, but you only have one chance.

I started coming up with text adventure games when I saw the ones BD was hosting and so I came up with this one, but it is experimental and may have flaws.

Basically, you play as a character. Your character can do anything a human being can do (aside from psychic abilities). You must keep from dying and fulfill destiny. You cannot create surroundings in this game, you can only interact with preexisting surroundings.

The idea for this game spawned from Bonehead1999 therefore any praise for the idea should go to him.

Once somebody starts playing, it will be easy to see how the game works.

Player Slot: Unoccupied
^This means you can't play^

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-18-2014 at 08:51 AM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

Default Re: Adventurer's Quest - The Sorcerer

Sign me up wicked sorcerer! I am active every day so it shouldn't be a problem waiting for me to make my move.
ChessManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Boyd, BD
Blackduck, BD
Blue Dwarf, BD
Boneheads... BD?

Too much BD.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 07-14-2014 at 09:26 PM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #4
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
Boyd, BD
Blackduck, BD
Blue Dwarf, BD
Boneheads... BD?

Too much BD.
Boneheads would be BH, right?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessManiac View Post
Sign me up wicked sorcerer! I am active every day so it shouldn't be a problem waiting for me to make my move.

The game has started.

Inventory:

Equipped: Torn Clothing

Belt Bag: Knife, Rope, Magic Scroll

Surroundings/Plot Details:

Your quest was to retrieve a scroll from an evil sorcerer named Ahtakil and bring it back to your king. Coming back from the quest you are in torn clothing, you are blaming yourself for the deaths of your men and your travels back to your kingdom are weary and lonesome. Nightfall approaches and drained of all your energy, you sit under a tree feeling starved and dehydrated. You feel horrible aches all throughout your body and can’t progress anymore. Sticks and leafs blanket the ground along with pebbles and rocks. Although your body disagrees, your mind tells you that you have the strength to build a small shelter. You think you hear something moving in the nearby brush and quickly draw your knife. Minutes pass and you sit idly and ready to defend yourself, but it turns out your paranoia got the best of you and it was likely the wind blowing against the surrounding plants that made such a deceiving noise. As you withdraw your knife and place it back into your belt bag, things start to seem hopeless. You stare at your reflection in a pond that sits in middle of this wooded area and as you do you see the shame and hurt in your face that has been brought on by your dead companions. A bumblebee buzzes past you, distracting you from sad thoughts. Being at the entrance of the forest, accompanying you are grasslands with melon plants having attached to them ripe melons, your attention is quickly directed to the melons. This final sight brings ideas for survival to mind. The quest is not over yet. You still must return the scroll you retrieved to King Ames II, the rightful owner. It is still unknown what the magic scroll does, but the king plans to decipher its writings and use the magic it possesses to benefit the kingdom. You have paid a great toll upon stealing the scroll because the possessor of the scroll, a sorcerer, put a spell on you before you escaped with the scroll. This is the first night of the first day you were cursed with this unknown spell and nothing has happened yet, so it is unknown to you what exactly this spell does. What you do know is upon being cursed with it you got a strange marking on your wrist. Now you must do what it takes to meet your needs and survive the night. Then you must travel nearer to the kingdom to finish your quest regardless of this unknown spell. The kingdom is northwest of your location.

Travel Choices: Travel Northwest

Notes: You can do anything you would be able to do naturally, if resources are available you may interact with them.

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-15-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

Cut a melon off it's stem, use knife to cut it into ten pieces, eat a couple to regain hunger.

Melons by default have quite some liquid, my thirst should be somewhat regained by a certain level.

So it's night time right? Building a shelter would be quite complicated as I don't know whether there are any ditches, or other trees or objects around me, I will just take some shrubbery and cover myself with it and stay under the tree for the night.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #7
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
Cut a melon off it's stem, use knife to cut it into ten pieces, eat a couple to regain hunger.

Melons by default have quite some liquid, my thirst should be somewhat regained by a certain level.

So it's night time right? Building a shelter would be quite complicated as I don't know whether there are any ditches, or other trees or objects around me, I will just take some shrubbery and cover myself with it and stay under the tree for the night.

Inventory:

Equipped: Torn Clothing, Melon Slices (5), Knife

Belt Bag: Rope, Magic Scroll

Although most of your needs are met, you find yourself unable to sleep. You aren't that thirsty anymore, you aren't that hungry anymore and you certainly have enough shrubbery to keep yourself warm enough to prevent you from dying of exposure. Hours pass and you still cannot sleep.

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-15-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

I will cut another melon off the stem, and since I can't sleep, I will go northwest.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #9
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
I will cut another melon off the stem, and since I can't sleep, I will go northwest.
Inventory:

Equipped: Torn Clothing, Melon Slices (5), Knife, Melon

You have gone more than 35 hours without sleep. It is hard to focus and you have poor coordination. The extreme tiredness you feel is overwhelming. Now you find yourself in a gloomy cemetery after having spent all day traveling. It is night once again. A luminescent house that rests beside the graveyard acts as a lantern in the darkness. The house being lit with candles from within shows proof that it is occupied. The house seems to look almost as if it were abandoned and seemingly to have been neglected by its owner for many years. The inhabitants of this old house may be familiar with the symbol that has been causing you insomnia, perhaps you should pay a visit before journeying home or perhaps you should leave the house undisturbed, so as to not risk danger. You see spider webs and their owners covering gravestones beside you. In a sort of morbid fascination you observe their grotesque behavior as they consume their prey. You have never been to this part of the Emerald Forest, it is full of blueberry shrubs and dogwood. You wish you still had your sword, but it was melted from the fires of the sorcererís dragon. Suddenly you hear branches snap off trees, again giving way for some paranoia, but you quickly rationalize your thinking and realize it was strong winds that caused this. Cobblestone fencing with a gothic theme surrounds the house. The fencing has smooth stone posts that are present in each corner of this square of fencing that surrounds the house. The fencing has an additional smooth stone post on both sides of the gate. Above each stone post are gargoyles appearing to be lifelike at a distance, but of course, only being stone. As you stand contemplating what to do, you begin to see lights moving at quick speeds gathering around the cemetery. You had heard about these lights, ghost lights they are called, but usually they are only spotted in swamps and such. The ghost lights were a visual pleasantry, but on the other hand beneath the soil you can faintly hear some of the dead groaning and scratching from within their coffins. It could be a bad idea to stay here for too long because the dead might wake and crawl out of their graves.

Travel Choices: Travel Northwest OR Enter House

Old 07-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

What do I have to lose? I enter the house and speak out a steady hello!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
What do I have to lose? I enter the house and speak out a steady hello!
Inventory:

A troubled elf greets you, the suddenness makes it seem as if the elf was expecting you. He seems uneasy and suspicious as well as excited. Without further ado the elf invites you to stay in his abode, mostly because he sees the tiredness in your eyes. You notice he has a slightly difficult time walking, you notice this as you watch him while he leads you over to his living quarters. You observe that he has light green eyes and is tall in stature. The last thing you observe is that the clothing he wears is fine leather clothing. Your observations are then interrupted when he begins talking, mostly mumbling and in those moments is when you start to realize that the house appears to look about as old as the elf. They both look very old. When he finally asks how you got here, after emphasizing that nobody ever visits this cemetery because it is in such a remote place, he sounds highly interested.

Travel Choices: Exit House & Travel Northwest (Kingdom Route) OR Exit House & Travel Southeast (Tower Route)

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-16-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #12
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

I ask him about this strange sore on my arm, and I also ask if there is a place to sell my melon!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
I ask him about this strange sore on my arm, and I also ask if there is a place to sell my melon!
Inventory:

He responds:
"Why, it is a sign of a curse, one that is quite bad. It is the mark of insomnia. You have to understand that you are going to die. You see, the thing is, we are all doomed to a horrible fate, every last miserable one of us on this cold stinking planet. And you know what fate that is? Death, you see, most people say we are living, which is a positive view, right? I say we are dying, I say we should look at things from a negative pessimist's view and treat things as if they are the worst possible thing they could be, that way once we do feel that inevitable death induced misery, we will be prepared because we will have been miserable all our lives! I will be open with you, I eat corpses and am an outcast. As a cannibal things were never going to turn out for me. I am not going to eat you, just share with you what it is I am experiencing, if you listen all the way through, I will tell you the answer to your problem. I can barely walk, I feel pain in my body a lot. I am a negative pessimist by choice and I think I was wrong to believe that feeling miserable was right and now I can't snap out of it, all those thoughts have plagued my mind. I adopted some disease called kuru and I am dying, just like you, we could die together here, but even that would not work out, as much as I am lonely, that is not important because you need to save your own life. The solution is killing whoever cursed you. As soon as that individual is dead, the curse is lifted. Now, before you go, know this, that mark is the worst imaginable thing on the face of this earth, if you don't remove it quick, consequences will be horrifically fatal. That is all I know concerning the mark, you must understand I am so very, very stir crazy, but not as a result of physical imprisonment, but mental imprisonment, and I probably shouldn't be open to strangers, but I think I am going insane here in this house. Even what I am saying now makes little sense."

Notes: The elf probably ignored one of your questions because you ignored one of his.

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-15-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:14 AM   #14
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

Hmmph, might as well tell him how I got here:

A few days ago, I retrieved the magical scroll from Ahtakil, but a many great lives died trying to fight for me, I escaped, torn, and devastated, not knowing what curse he put on me, I was trying to make my way to King Ames II, I followed a path northwest and appeared here, I saw a figure in the hut, which is you of course, so I decided that I might find some answers there about my curse, and so I did!

Here, have a slice of melon to quench a bit of your thirst.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #15
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
Hmmph, might as well tell him how I got here:

A few days ago, I retrieved the magical scroll from Ahtakil, but a many great lives died trying to fight for me, I escaped, torn, and devastated, not knowing what curse he put on me, I was trying to make my way to King Ames II, I followed a path northwest and appeared here, I saw a figure in the hut, which is you of course, so I decided that I might find some answers there about my curse, and so I did!

Here, have a slice of melon to quench a bit of your thirst.
Inventory:

Equipped: Torn Clothing, Melon Slices (4), Knife, Melon

He accepts and says thank you. Then he states this, "There is no other solution but to get trained soldiers to help you, otherwise in your weak state you will not survive."

After that he says this, "If you want to sell the melon you possess, you would have to go back to your kingdom, but your survival should be your #1 priority, it won't be wrong before the curse starts giving you horrible hallucinations and such, you need to find help, then find Ahtakil as fast as you can, after that, if you are still alive and well, then you should sell your food. If you really must know though, if you travel northwest enough you will be led to the center of the kingdom and there is where you will find the store."

"If there is anything else you need then let me know."

NEW TRAVEL CHOICE AVAILABLE (Exit House & Travel Southeast Towards Sorcerer's Tower)

Game Master: "This character is a schmuck, he keeps talking down about everything! And is like he said, very negative"

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-16-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #16
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

I give him a pleasant Thank You, and I decide to keep on trek south east.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #17
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
I give him a pleasant Thank You, and I decide to keep on trek south east.
Inventory:

Equipped: Torn Clothing, Melon Slices (4), Knife, Melon

Youíve returned to the merging point of the forest and grasslands, but this time there is dangerous smoke and fire everywhere, signs point to the sorcererís dragon being on the move. Despite that it is extremely hard to focus you are able to carry on miserably. Your tiredness has increased from being extreme to being ultra-extreme. You feel hot and cold flashes and experience frequent hunger, both as results of your sleep deprivation curse. It has been over 2 days since you got any sleep. Your blurred vision and feelings of being drained seem to make yourself not qualified for this task, but it is essential you finish this task before you die of sleep deprivation. You can only hope that the sorcerer who cursed you is still in the tower and not riding that dragon. It is likely the sorcererís companion Taeta could be riding the dragon and the sorcerer who cursed you, Ahtakil is still dwelling in the confines of that dark tower. The once peaceful forest border that was filled with life is now scorched and dead. You hear nothing, nothing but the flames of a doomed forest and the occasional falling of trees. Perhaps this was planned from the start & the forest fire was supposed to act as a barrier to stop you from killing the sorcerer. It is clear that the sorcerer is trying to outlast you and live so that you die.

Travel Choices: Southeast (Tower Route)

Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

Is this a trap, all I have is a knife! Can I trek back northwest on my way to the kingdom? If so, I will take that course of action, I have no chance against a sorcerer like that.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #19
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
Is this a trap, all I have is a knife! Can I trek back northwest on my way to the kingdom? If so, I will take that course of action, I have no chance against a sorcerer like that.
At this point it is either death or pursuing the sorcerer.

You already started towards the tower (mistakenly?) by traveling southeast. If you were to turn back now, you'd never resolve the problem because you would end up dying of exhaustion before the sorcerer was killed.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #20
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

Got myself into a pickle here, I guess I will continue pursuing the sorcerer!