Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default What word doesn't belong?

Annihilate
Bomb
Carol Anne
Destroying
Eliminate
Fight
Gut
Hit
Impale
Jab
Kill
L
Mash
Nuke
Obliterate
Punch
Queen Elizabeth
Ripped in Half
Slaughter
Trip
Uncle
Violence
Whip
X-acto
Youch
Zap

So tell me... WHAT FIVE WORDS DON'T BELONG!?!

(This just got even harder)
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-28-2014 at 01:43 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

L

Only letter.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:53 AM   #3
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Clearly, it's Gut, the only word starting with G.

In all seriousness, I'd go with woo hoo. All the others seem to have dark connotations or connections, but woo hoo is something you say in celebration.
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta
 
N64 Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 144
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

uncle because you use it to surrender. the other words are for acting or about active people.
__________________
We'll talk after you prove I'm here.
N64 Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

The theme is violence,

Uncle isn't the answer because it indirectly refers to violence taking place.
L isn't the answer because it is a letter rather than a word.
Gut doesn't make the cut for being the answer because 'I began to gut the traveler' is the form of gut that is referred to.
For woohoo, the correct term is woo-hoo, therefore making the word not count as an answer.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer
 
SpaceManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

I don't get how you've upped it to three words not belonging instead of one without changing the list of words. How did two words change from belonging before to not belonging now?

Every one of these could somehow be interpreted as being connected to violence. If I had to pick the three least related, it would be "L", "Queen Elizabeth", and "Woohoo". But I don't think it's fair to say that "L" and "Woohoo" don't count as not fitting because they are somehow wrong - in fact that just makes them fit less!
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

The theme is no longer violence, as it has been changed. The words being increased to three have to do with being excluded from something entirely different. As I said before though, l is a letter rather than a word when the question was clearly what 'word' doesn't belong. Woohoo is not a word, it is rather woo-hoo than woohoo. And Uncle still has connection to violence, but violence now being irrelevant has been replaced with a new subject that will remain unknown until discovered. And Queen Elizabeth is two words... that do actually fit with the new subject that replaced violence, therefore making it incorrect.

Woohoo is wrong.
Uncle is wrong.
Queen Elizabeth is wrong.
And finally L is wrong.

So as to make sure nobody figures this out, the subject is being changed yet again causing the amount of words to increase by two. Making five words not belong.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

If there are many more failures to solve this puzzle, then the answer will be given and people will know what words don't belong and why.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

None of them belong. Therefor, they all belong in the set of things that don't belong. Therefor they belong. Paradoxes ensue.
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
None of them belong. Therefor, they all belong in the set of things that don't belong. Therefor they belong. Paradoxes ensue.
It's Russel's Revenge!
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

They all belong to a specific set except for five. You will find out when the answer is revealed.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer
 
SpaceManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
Woohoo is not a word, it is rather woo-hoo than woohoo.
I disagree.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

I will add that two of these questions were trick questions and one of these questions has an answer, whereas the other two don't.

The questions so far:

What word doesn't belong?

What three words don't belong?

What five words don't belong?

You'll have to decide which question has an answer.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
To be fair, I had no clue. Anyways, check out the updated word list. Although this puzzle has taken a few hits it still has a solid answer.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #15
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta
 
N64 Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 144
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

1 is carol anne

3 is x-acto, woo hoo, and L

5 is carol anne, woo hoo, L, queen elizabeth, x-acto

1 for non violecne, 3 for nonsense, and 5 for thing instead of action.
__________________
We'll talk after you prove I'm here.
N64 Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 Lord View Post
1 is carol anne

3 is x-acto, woo hoo, and L

5 is carol anne, woo hoo, L, queen elizabeth, x-acto

1 for non violecne, 3 for nonsense, and 5 for thing instead of action.
Carol Anne is two words

The items listed are highly questionable as you can't really say a brand name is nonsense or an expression of excitement is nonsense, not to mention it asks for three words and L is a letter.

That is over five words and again, L is not a word it is a letter.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer
 
SpaceManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Carol Anne is the name of a main character in the Poltergeist series of horror films, which certainly features violence. X-acto is a brand of cutting tools and thus not nonsense. I would also not consider Uncle or Youch actions, but I think this is the closest you are to correct (except that woohoo is apparently not on the list anymore).

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
That is over five words and again, L is not a word it is a letter.
I feel it is not fair to say his answer is invalid because it is more than five words, when it is comprised of exactly five of the entries on your list.

Why list entries that could not possibly be correct answers? You could say that these entries don't belong because they are not single words.

Last edited by SpaceManiac; 07-28-2014 at 02:16 PM.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #18
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
Annihilate
Bomb
Carol Anne
Destroying
Eliminate
Fight
Gut
Hit
Impale
Jab
Kill
L
Mash
Nuke
Obliterate
Punch
Queen Elizabeth
Ripped in Half
Slaughter
Trip
Uncle
Violence
Whip
X-acto
Youch
Zap

So tell me... WHAT FIVE WORDS DON'T BELONG!?!

(This just got even harder)
Alright, here is the big reveal since this puzzle is certainly falling apart.
This puzzle was highly flawed, but here was what it was intended to be.
Going by 'what five words don't belong', you were suppose to see the following and assume that the rule that the belonging words followed were words that contained letters that weren't capitalized. Then you would look to see horizontally the all capitalized words. As shown above. HOWEVER, this puzzle is flawed as I said and even that doesn't explain why you can't just use three of those words for the question that asks for three and why you can't just use one of those words for the question that asks for one. This certainly didn't turn out, but I still felt strongly compelled to do it because I like to present challenging things. IF I didn't explain thoroughly why an answer was wrong, it is probably because I was trying to avoid that answer and prevent it from erasing the intended answer of which I just explained. I knew from the start that this puzzle was bound for failure that is why I kept switching the questions leading us to this ridiculous scenario of three different questions that supposedly had two fake ones. There is your full explanation for the situation.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Carol Anne is the name of a main character in the Poltergeist series of horror films, which certainly features violence. X-acto is a brand of cutting tools and thus not nonsense. I would also not consider Uncle or Youch actions, but I think this is the closest you are to correct (except that woohoo is apparently not on the list anymore).

EDIT:

I feel it is not fair to say his answer is invalid because it is more than five words, when it is comprised of exactly five of the entries on your list.

Why list entries that could not possibly be correct answers? You could say that these entries don't belong because they are not single words.
The entries that weren't single words, were intended to throw people off from the real answer that was just revealed. The whole purpose was to confuse any people who attempted to solve this puzzle.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-28-2014 at 02:46 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: What word doesn't belong?

This could have gone way worse if I were to have done something like this to go along with that ridiculous thread I made about a haunted Dr. Lunatic. Take for example if this was the scenario...

In response to SpaceManiac, I would say...

'Guys that wasn't me who posted this thread, that guy who keeps pretending to be me created this fake puzzle and wants you to believe that it was the real me that did it, which is me! He is trying to torture you with unsolvable puzzles, what a sicko!'

But of course the temptation passed and I didn't. Unless of course you believe the person typing this isn't really me... DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN! It is really me, seriously. And to make things perfectly clear, I made the mistake of being hasty with my puzzle, similar to last time because I like to get things out there as fast as I can. Like my world that I have been working on at a constant rate, I just wanted to put something out there for the community and I wanted to do it quickly. (BTW that text is awfully hard to understand, to make sure things are understood I was referring to the last time being when I posted a different puzzle. +My world has not been shared with the community yet.)
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-28-2014 at 03:08 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Click here if this doesn't automatically Maiden Japan 007 Total Mayhem 6 10-22-2007 01:20 PM
Something doesn't add up... .Blue Dwarf. Total Mayhem 2 10-16-2007 02:10 PM
Who Doesn't want to be a Moron? Version 2! Mr.Onion Making Dumb Games 15 07-15-2007 12:21 PM
Meaningless nonsense removed from a place where it didn't belong yourter12 Total Mayhem 3 12-19-2006 01:59 PM
My SwC doesn't work pizza Dr. Lunatic 10 07-27-2006 06:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.