Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017
Old 07-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Default Meta MAfia

Welcome to META MAFIA, standard mafia rules all apply with one exception. There is a posting rule. When posting things during the daytime, with the exception of Vote:XXX or Unvote:XXX, Everything must be a quote from a previous game of mafia. You cannot edit the quote, the quote must be all there. Any votes or unvotes in the quote will be disregarded. The only words you can have in your mafia post is in the form of a quote from a previous game.

In addition because this is meta mafia, I have CHOSEN the roles of everyone involved. So feel free to meta all the things.

It is now DAY 1, because nighttime is for killing people. Night will fall in 72 hours. Good Luck!

1) Seamonkey
2) Gigacat
3) N64 Lord
4) Megadog
5) Spacemaniac
6) .Blue Dwarf.
&) Hyperme
8 Pewskeepski

4 votes are required for lynch.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Default Re: Meta MAfia

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
*awkward silence* I think the problem with today is we literally have no information. Even just lynching someone is unlikely to produce conversation, because at the moment (assuming the cop doesn't have some guilty inspection stored somewhere), everyone's defense is pretty much airtight. Just wanted that out there...
VOTE: texasjohua
Old 07-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
seamonkey
spoon eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
All role PMs should be out. If you didn't get one and should of, PM me.

Remember to confirm your role!

It is Night One. People with powers, send in your choices, and everybody make a Magic Number choice. If you don't make a choice, I'll assume you want add (or subtract) zero from the Magic Number.

The Magic Number is currently 3.
vote hyperme unvote hyperme

Last edited by seamonkey; 07-06-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: uhhhh reading the rules is good.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
well, since we don't have anything to go on and there's still a long time until day ends, i'm going to go with hyperme's "let's not lynch anyone today" idea and vote: No lynch for now.
unvote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjoshua View Post
Welcome to META MAFIA, standard mafia rules all apply with one exception. There is a posting rule. When posting things during the daytime, with the exception of Vote:XXX or Unvote:XXX,
Things wrapped in quote tags don't count toward our character count, so people are going to have to vote/unvote regardless of the situation to avoid the "must have 3 charathers to post" rule.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 Lord View Post
Things wrapped in quote tags don't count toward our character count, so people are going to have to vote/unvote regardless of the situation to avoid the "must have 3 charathers to post" rule.
Oh, I was not aware. In that case you can all have three words.
1)Shenanigans
2) Evil
3) Scary

Those are the three words that are permissible.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
Oh, jeez. Tonight's going to be scary! I mean, someone is going to die!
Scary!
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
It's a common mafia tactic to say you may vote someone, but not yet.
Shenanigans
Old 07-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Thumbs up Re: Meta MAfia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
Let's get talking dawgs.
Evil.
Quote:
Well, after consulting with CL I am apparently dead.... So who knows what happened but... anyway, believe it or not I'm not bulletproof I think the doctor was just lucky :P

Anyway, I'm basically another normal townie in this game :P with also the "ability to metagame". I would suggest keeping an eye on Julian, but Pew seems pretty town, i would tend to believe Giga though, so good luck everyone.
Shenanigans.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 AM   #10
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Imma role claim off the bat, basically I'm a townie that post outside of the quote rules. Take this how you will as I have no evidence proving my allegiance. With my privileged position, Ill try illuminate the scary evil shenanigans as much as I can :P.

Vote: Hyperme
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #11
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseLord View Post
I'm... not dead? Clearly I must be mafia. [/sarcasm] Other than that, we don't have much to work with.

I'll wait for more people to post before I start my usual witch-hunting. It's not nearly as effective if we don't have a conversation going. So speak, people. Say whatever's on your mind. Suspect people on minimal evidence. Accuse each other (or me, or bigfoot, etc.). As long as people keep talking, we should be able to win this.
Shenanigans....
Old 07-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #12
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Ah yes, the classic "random voting shenanigans" tactic. While my first instinct was deadline-based lyncher shenanigans, that isn't for another several days. I suppose you could have some deeper purpose but with a three-word vote post that isn't really clear. Could be a tactic to get Hammer Up to say something, which is reasonable. Uhhhh... alright, I'm out of stuff.
Scary Shenanigans!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
seamonkey
spoon eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland View Post
bah, to get this day going: daykill: Regeneratorizer!

in a flash of light a big sharp metal object appeared before regen, hurtling at unimaginable speed, killing him instantly!

regen was daykilled, day 1. His role pm:

it is still day. 8 players alive, 5 to lynch
SHENANIGANs!!!!!

Last edited by seamonkey; 07-07-2014 at 12:16 PM.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #14
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

I guess in a game like this we really need cop hits to get a successful lynch because no-one is ever gonna say something that could incriminate them, as obviously someone else has already said it and any inconsistencies will simply be blamed on the fact that the post was someone elses.

Anyhoo, seeing as it appears I'm the only one who can talk like this, Ill try to set up a structure so we can actually share information. I would use the scary evil shenanigans and the order in which they are posted to identify the significance of a post, but i get the idea that would be abusing a rules that should never have had to be used, so lets use quote structure ect to fit with the theme of the game.

If you are a cop and want to identify someone as being townie or innocent, use this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
Hooray! I get to be alive at least one day this game.

I have no news to report.
http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...83&postcount=4

Followed by another quote in which the first name mentioned is that of the person you wanna identify.

If your a cop and wanna identify someone as being guilty, or mafia, use this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
I think I've got some useful information about texasjoshua. He might not be a mafia.
http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...86&postcount=5

Followed by another quote in which the first name mentioned is the person you wanna identify.

If you are the doctor and wish to list the people you have protected, use this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 Lord View Post
That no claim rule. Can I assume that texasjoshua will not claim mason later?
http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...88&postcount=7

followed by a bunch of quotes, in which each of the people you protected is listed as the first mentioned name in each quote. Do it in order of what nights you protected.

There are a lot of roles, so if you wanna claim and list targets, I suggest you use the same structure I have outlined here, except replace the first quote with one that mentions your role, ie

Quote:
I am the roleblocker!
Ive tried to keep the identifier quotes as menial as possible, they were just the first most meaningless posts I could find from the last mafia game. Also, if you are cop or doc, don't claim yet or else you'll get mafia'd.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #15
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Note: In response to a question, you are allowed to quote quotes from this game, if for some reason you want to respond or some shenanigans.
Scary!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #16
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigacat View Post
I guess in a game like this we really need cop hits to get a successful lynch because no-one is ever gonna say something that could incriminate them, as obviously someone else has already said it and any inconsistencies will simply be blamed on the fact that the post was someone elses.

Anyhoo, seeing as it appears I'm the only one who can talk like this, Ill try to set up a structure so we can actually share information. I would use the scary evil shenanigans and the order in which they are posted to identify the significance of a post, but i get the idea that would be abusing a rules that should never have had to be used, so lets use quote structure ect to fit with the theme of the game.

If you are a cop and want to identify someone as being townie or innocent, use this quote:

http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...83&postcount=4

Followed by another quote in which the first name mentioned is that of the person you wanna identify.

If your a cop and wanna identify someone as being guilty, or mafia, use this quote:

http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...86&postcount=5

Followed by another quote in which the first name mentioned is the person you wanna identify.

If you are the doctor and wish to list the people you have protected, use this quote:

http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...88&postcount=7

followed by a bunch of quotes, in which each of the people you protected is listed as the first mentioned name in each quote. Do it in order of what nights you protected.

There are a lot of roles, so if you wanna claim and list targets, I suggest you use the same structure I have outlined here, except replace the first quote with one that mentions your role, ie

Ive tried to keep the identifier quotes as menial as possible, they were just the first most meaningless posts I could find from the last mafia game. Also, if you are cop or doc, don't claim yet or else you'll get mafia'd.
Scary.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #17
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Welcome to META MAFIA, standard mafia rules all apply with one exception. There is a posting rule. When posting things during the daytime, with the exception of Vote:XXX or Unvote:XXX, Everything must be a quote from a previous game of mafia. You cannot edit the quote, the quote must be all there. Any votes or unvotes in the quote will be disregarded. The only words you can have in your mafia post is in the form of a quote from a previous game.

In addition because this is meta mafia, I have CHOSEN the roles of everyone involved. So feel free to meta all the things.

It is now Night 1, because daytime is for quoting things. It will be day in 48 hours.

1) Seamonkey
2) Gigacat
3) N64 Lord
4) Megadog
5) Spacemaniac
6) .Blue Dwarf.
&) Hyperme
8 Pewskeepski

Old 07-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #18
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

It appears as though N64 was killed in the night! Does this have anything to do with his PM that he might need to be replaced, WHO KNOWS.

Oh, and he was just a normal townie by the way.

It is now DAY 2, because nighttime is for killing people. Night will fall in 72 hours. Good Luck!

1) Seamonkey
2) Gigacat
4) Megadog
5) Spacemaniac
6) .Blue Dwarf.
8.) Hyperme
8 Pewskeepski

RIP Board
3) N64 Lord- Normal Townie

Last edited by texasjoshua; 07-11-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #19
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
Hooray! I get to be alive at least one day this game.

I have no news to report.
Scary...

Last edited by hyperme; 07-11-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: I'm a spooky ghost! also using edit reasons to pass on messages is morally wrong.
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #20
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
It appears as though N64 was killed in the night! Does this have anything to do with his PM that he might need to be replaced, WHO KNOWS.

Oh, and he was just a normal townie by the way.

It is now DAY 2, because nighttime is for killing people. Night will fall in 72 hours. Good Luck!

1) Seamonkey
2) Gigacat
4) Megadog
5) Spacemaniac
6) .Blue Dwarf.
8.) Hyperme
8 Pewskeepski

RIP Board
3) N64 Lord- Normal Townie

Evil