Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Dr. Lunatic

Old 11-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
tyconger191
Badguy

Default My Dr. Lunatic Worlds are being...

...remade. I am remaking all my previous worlds. This includes the Doctor Who one and the Binding of Isaac-like one. How will I find the time to do this, you ask? I already started and am following this pretty well a schedule that forces me to devote at least one hour a day to Lunatic worlds.

I will make two versions of each world. One of them will be unplayable to you guys because of me using JSPs from other games made by Hamumu. However if someone were to find a way to prove they had all of these games I could send them these special worlds using sprites from other hamumu games.

I am making them meet perfection.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 11-06-2015 at 06:25 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191
the Binding of Isaac-like one
This sounds like it could be really fun. I'm always interested in more concept-based SWC worlds.
I think something more arcade-like holds a lot of potential.

Anyways, I look forward to trying whatever you come up with.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 11-06-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #3
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Default Re: My Dr. Lunatic Worlds are being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
I will make two versions of each world. One of them will be unplayable to you guys because of me using JSPs from other games made by Hamumu. However if someone were to find a way to prove they had all of these games I could send them these special worlds using sprites from other hamumu games.
You could release both versions along with instructions on how to copy the .jsp files from other games, perhaps.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
You could release both versions along with instructions on how to copy the .jsp files from other games, perhaps.
Unfortunately the amount of work the player would manually have to do would be very monotonous and would not be a simple task. In order for the sprites to function correctly, it is required to create a whole new JSP file that involves images from a sprite alien to dr. lunatic being ordered and duplicated in such a way that they match the desired dr. lunatic AI whom's graphics will be replaced with an entirely new sprite. It took me over an hour to make eyeguy's images ordered, duplicated, deleted and renamed the proper way so that I could match aquazoid underwater's graphics and make it work with the AI so that there aren't invisible images or images such as eyeguy dying being played when the zoid fires. My point being, since I can't simply share the modified JSPs with people that would mean in the end game they'd have an unrealistic task of making 40 hours+ of modified JSP files. This is no fib considering I plan to convert all sprites from the loonyland games, sleepless hollow and kid mystic to lunatic sprites.

Last edited by tyconger191; 11-08-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
tyconger191
Badguy

Quote:
Unfortunately the amount of work the player would manually have to do would be very monotonous and would not be a simple task. In order for the sprites to function correctly, it is required to create a whole new JSP file that involves images from a sprite alien to dr. lunatic being ordered and duplicated in such a way that they match the desired dr. lunatic AI whom's graphics will be replaced with an entirely new sprite. It took me over an hour to make eyeguy's images ordered, duplicated, deleted and renamed the proper way so that I could match aquazoid underwater's graphics and make it work with the AI so that there aren't invisible images or images such as eyeguy dying being played when the zoid fires. My point being, since I can't simply share the modified JSPs with people that would mean in the end game they'd have an unrealistic task of making 40 hours+ of modified JSP files. This is no fib considering I plan to convert all sprites from the loonyland games, sleepless hollow and kid mystic to lunatic sprites.
Poorly worded, but this should get the point across.

Someone who wanted to not get the content automatically and would want it manually, would have to spend countless hours on deleting, renaming, copying, ordering and finally testing to see if their sprite came together. As an added bonus they'd have to do special positioning in JSP Edit.

Last edited by tyconger191; 11-08-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs up

Yeah I experienced some weird effects copying jsps and changing AI for my world. SWC just orders them numerically if you don't change them manually to match AI. You get fairly amusing results most of the time.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 11-08-2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #7
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
...remade. I am remaking all my previous worlds. This includes the Doctor Who one and the Binding of Isaac-like one. How will I find the time to do this, you ask? I already started and am following this pretty well a schedule that forces me to devote at least one hour a day to Lunatic worlds.

I am making them meet perfection.
Here is an easy way to find out whether someone has a particular game, simply go to their Profile: http://hamumu.com/searchfolks.php?u=9151&o=prof Of course there will be those who keep their game collections secret, but those are few.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote