Dumb Person

Are here any free (not demo) games?
Laimis
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:00 AM   #2
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

There are, but they are old DOS ones, which may not even work at all on a modern PC. Check them out at the bottom of the Games page. However, the demo of Dr. Lunatic is just as big as the full game of Spooky Castle. I recommend it. It will take you a good long time to get through, and by the time you do, you'll realize you MUST buy the complete game!

Mike Hommel

Marshmallow Head, Hamumu Software

http://www.hamumu.com

jamul@hamumu.comEdited by: Jamul at: 4/30/01 10:07:05 am
Old 04-30-2001, 11:00 AM   #3
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I managed to get Spispopd running, thanks to my incredible troubleshooting skills. I thought it was insanely hard to play! I spent most of my time falling into space in the Techno tower. It is pretty big and will keep you occupied for awhile provided you don't get discouraged or bored. It was a pain to get it to work though. It will probably give you an error message about vb200.dll. This refers to an older version of visual basic. If you have an old computer you might try putting the game on a disk and transfering it. Otherwise just try a demo.
Old 05-01-2001, 12:00 AM   #4
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

To get it running (SPISPOPD or SPISEDIT), you will most likely have to find this very old patch. I don't remember what it's called, but it's a patch for Turbo Pascal programs, because if they are run on a computer that is too fast, they crash with some kind of divide by zero error or something. The patch fixes it. Also, you can adjust the game speed, but not far enough if your computer is REALLY fast. And indeed, SPISPOPD is super hard, but it could just be that you were playing it at too high a speed. No question it takes amazing precision to get through it though, so maybe not! It's an extremely long game though, with 70some levels or something, and some very super cool secrets that nobody will ever find (if you should happen to see ReggaeBoy pop up and say "Toasty, Mon!", VERY QUICKLY hold the down arrow and press enter. If you do it before he disappears, you get to go to a special battle with a secret enemy - ReggaeBoy has a chance of popping up every time you kill a boss - but since multipart bosses count each part as a boss, your odds get much higher on some bosses). Type RINLEY while playing to get an incredibly useless hint (super slim chance though that it will instead be a useful one).

Mike Hommel

jamul@hamumu.com
Old 05-01-2001, 05:00 AM   #5
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Hey Mike, why not redo it so it could be done on modern computers, and charge for it, which shouldn't take as long as waiting for Looneyland Insanity to get done. I got the SPISPOPD $11 game, but this sounds way better. What does SPIPOPD stand for anyway?
Old 05-01-2001, 11:00 AM   #6
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

It's actually SMALL piles! I don't know why. It's a thing... um... I didn't make it up (people online were joking that such a game existed, so I quickly made it, to kind of ruin/enhance their joke). Anyway, modernizing SPISPOPD would be as much work as writing a new game, so I think I'll skip it! It had some pretty questionable gameplay elements anyway, like the ability to be 'sucked into' a baby pumpkin and devoured.

Mike Hommel

jamul@hamumu.com
Old 05-01-2001, 11:00 AM   #7
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Smashing Pumpkins Into Smelly Piles Of Putrid Debri. Isn't it obvious?
Old 05-02-2001, 11:00 AM   #8
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Oops, I thought I had that right. I misspelled debris too. Oh well, close enough. You get the idea.