Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 04-28-2001, 07:00 PM   #1
Anonymous
Dumb Person

As the new "official" business manager here at Hamumu I am trying to get sales up. It would be great to know how you first heard about us so that I can know what is working and what isn't!! Also feel free to add more info in a post after the poll!!! Every little bit helps!

Surfing the web and I ran across it
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 08:00 AM   #2
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Lisa...feel free to just post...it is the info i am looking for more than the numbers. you are welcome to remain a pygmy for as long as you want!!
"if the world is night,

shine my life like a light"

Indigo Girls
Old 04-29-2001, 08:00 AM   #3
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

So let's see... because eGames fraudulently advertised, and I made a mistake (leaving the window name as "Dr. Lunatic" instead of "Spooky Castle"), you found our site? Good enough!

(I am astonished to hear eGames actually refunded money though!)

Mike Hommel

Marshmallow Head, Hamumu Software

http://www.hamumu.com

jamul@hamumu.com
Old 04-29-2001, 08:00 AM   #4
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Just make a post, they're more interesting than statistics anyway.

How I discovered Hamamu is actually an iteresting story. It all started back last christmas when I recieved 101 games collection, a bundle by Egames, from my aunt. I enjoyed many of the games including Spooky Castle. Now, normally I would have just finished the game and gone on my merry way, but when looking at the box I saw places I had never seen that looked like they were from Spooky Castle. I thought "Oh, it's just a demo, they didn't mark that very well." I went to the Egames website and saw even more screenshots from places such as the dusty desert and decided to buy the full version of Spooky Castle. Unfourtuneatly, I already did own the full version. The screenshots were taken from Dr. Lunatic. Well, when I found out I had just purchased a game I already owned, I asked for a refund which they did give me, so I won't hold a grudge. I then realized that those screenshots must have been from a different game. Since I saw Dr. Lunatic flash when I started up Spooky Castle I thought it might have used the same engine as Dr. Lunatic so I checked around for a game called Dr. Lunatic. I found and ordered it, enjoyed it, and now I get any Hamumu game that seems good.
Old 05-01-2001, 05:00 AM   #5
Anonymous
Dumb Person

From a zdnet e-mail listing the Looneyland demo, I downloaded it, and then proceeded to buy everything you make. Incidentally, I was going to buy the 101 pack from e-games that I saw recently at Best Buy, because on the box it looked like Dr. Lunatic's Spooky Castle, the only game I don't have, having got Kid Mystic at EB for $3.88. On further looking at e-games I saw where the games were special version demos and decided not to, and now you say the game wasn't even Dr. Lunatic, but Kid Mystic. Now, does anyone know about the e-game Eggbert. I downloaded that demo, and it seemed pretty good, and not too easy, but I suspect the demo might be the last level of 40, and the only remotely challenging level in the game. I have little faith in e-games, but they were smart enough to get Spooky Castle, so possibly they have another decent game up there sleeves.
Old 05-01-2001, 07:00 AM   #6
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Just so you know, there's only one version of Spooky Castle: Bouapha in existence - so if you see one, it's not a demo or anything, it's the real deal. It's the same size as a single world of Dr. Lunatic. Kinda fun, nothing more special than getting a Dr. L add-on world though (doesn't contain any new monsters or anything).

Mike Hommel

Marshmallow Head, Hamumu Software

http://www.hamumu.com

jamul@hamumu.com
Old 05-01-2001, 01:00 PM   #7
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I too discovered Hamumu through eGames. Everyone in my house had games they liked to play on the pc except for me. Boo Hoo. I got into the habit of wasting money on the bundled games instead of shelling out all those ducks for the full versions of expensive games. I came across Spooky Castle-Bouapha. I loved it but figured it was the demo so I started calling around until I found a store that had Spooky Castle boxed separately (CompUSA) I rushed like a mad woman throughout the store with many sales associates in tow searching desperately for the game, I just had to have it. Only when I FINALLY found it did I realize that it was Kid Mystic. (not at all disappointed though) That led me to discovering Dr. L (which I think I had to wait for) And then Loonyland which I know I had to wait and wait for. Now I am anxiously awaiting any new games from Hamumu. While I am waiting on Mike, could someone PLEASE make some new add-on worlds for Dr. L?
Old 05-18-2001, 02:00 PM   #8
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I just found out about Hamumu a few months ago when you posted your screen shots for LooneyLand up at FlipCode.com.
Old 05-21-2001, 12:00 PM   #9
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I was originally given an Eddie Galaxy game published by egames a couple of years ago that my mom gave up on playing since she always did poorly on it. Our household had a lot of fun with that one, so she bought us another egames bundle a few months later that had Spooky Castle:The Adventures of Bouapha as well as Intergalactic Exterminator (which was actually the same game as Eddie Galaxy). I finally got around to checking out the Hamumu website about a year+ ago, read some posts and finally discovered there was actually instructions for Spooky Castle as well as another game called Kid Mystic. Six months later, I found two copies of Kid Mystic in a marked down remainder bin for obsolete tax software at my local Staples/Business Depot store. What they were doing in there I have no idea, but I snatched them up anyway (one for us, one for a gift). Again loads of fun with that one (my son liked it so much he wrote about it for a school project). Which, of course, sent me hunting for another copy when his teacher wanted one. I found another copy at a different neighbourhood computer store. It was in a box with different pictures on it (still an egames publication), but it turned out to be the same game. Eventually, checked back to the website and saw Dr. L. was coming out, tried that demo, Amazing SPIS demo, bought Dr.L...still playing add-on worlds, mucking about with the editor and waiting for Looneyland delivery (we also really enjoyed that demo, except that frog thing). I've finally got around to putting a comment on the forum instead of just being a voyeur. Hope that's way too much info for you SOL, and good luck with sales.
Old 05-21-2001, 02:00 PM   #10
Anonymous
Dumb Person

NEVER!!! I love to read all these stories! Especially the ones that involve the writer telling others about the games they liked! That is the best thing ever!

It is too bad that the eGames published games are becoming harder and harder to find because they seem to be our best advertising! : )

I am so happy to see so many people posting their stories. Please keep coming to the website and tell all your friends!!! : )
"if the world is night,

shine my life like a light"

Indigo Girls
Old 05-24-2001, 07:00 PM   #11
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I didn't find it like that at all, it was my birthday, and I told my friend i like adventure/action games,my friend got on here and bought me Dr.L for my birthday, since then i have bought every thing i can get my hamumu greedy hands on.

P.s. looking forward to stock boy, will it have monsters ??
sincerely,
Justin989
Old 06-28-2002, 03:00 PM   #12
Anonymous
Dumb Person

This is an old post, but oh well. I came to know Hamumu Software by going to a download site(www.gamearchives.com). In the adventure category,(I just checked there and they have Dr. Lunatic in the Action category) there was Loonyland: Halloween Hill!

I started playing, and I got crazy over the game. I played and played, and then i got stuck . I noticed at the beginning that it said hamumu software. So I went there. I looked around, went to the FAQ section, and I noticed that the forum rules were there(I couldn't find the section that i wanted) and I looked there. Mike said some pretty odd stuff(I had no knowledge of what posting was)so I looked at the Forum. I really wanted to go and post and everything, so I went and started to register on ezboard(My first forum)(I didn't know you could post unregistered). I was about to do so, but then I got the idea that I had to pay for it(Not true, just a thought). Got off the net.Day2. I got my confidence up and said"I'll check and see if I have to pay!"(not really thinking that, but just saying what I felt I really thought" I wonder if i have too pay?") I went and registered. Quite easy. I started posting.

PS I figured out why I got stuck and how to get out of it

THE END
Old 06-29-2002, 10:00 PM   #13
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Hey Lisa you know rayman!!!!!I have Rayman and Rayman forever and Rayman 2 I just love rayman Here a hakiu or whatever you call them.......

Rayman rayman rayman nothing better that it Rayman in your dreams Ray ray ray.

Go to www.rayman2.com

To see whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 07:00 AM   #14
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Rayman is fun, but...Dr. Lunatic rules!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:00 AM   #15
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Rayman 2 I think is way bettter. you don't even need a 3D card!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #16
Anonymous
Dumb Person

well, way back when i was 9 (i'm 11 now) i went to compUSA and found Spooky Castle, Kid Mystic. I decided to try it out and buy it, 1 year later i'm trying to find a trainer for it so i can have infinite health. That's when i hit hamumu, i looked at one of the games and nodiced a monster from Kid mystic, then i searched everywhere in kid mystic and saw the Hamumu software logo.

The Master Of Emperors!

Big Fan of Hamumu Techincal Manager of Yellow Teeth Software

The Bouncy King!

Old 07-05-2002, 11:00 AM   #17
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I was exactly the same as Lichster
Old 08-25-2002, 06:00 PM   #18
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I too found it because of Spooky Castle.

While i see that there are some huge downsides to going through Egames, it seems a whooole bunch of your customers found you that way...
Old 09-07-2002, 07:00 PM   #19
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Does anyone know of Galaxy games cause Im getting 3D Astro Blaster it's a fun and diffrent astro blasting type of game that's why I like it!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 05:00 PM   #20
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I owe a lot to hamumu. It has made me become a game programmer too.

I got some E-games package for my birthday and me and my friends stayed up all night playing spooky castle. Later after beating it I went to hamumu.com and saw Dr. Lunatic. I was astounded at it. Then I bought xop and learned VB. And found out about ludum dare which really made me a better programmer!