Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 08-05-2001, 08:00 PM   #1
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I'm syarting highschool in about 20 days , and i dont know hwat to expect , anyone out there teaches high school that could help me a bit , i'm like realy nervouse about high school lol =)
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 08:00 AM   #2
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Be yourself. Introduce yourself. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Stay away from upperclassmen, at least for a while, they don't usually care for intelligent underclassmen. Join a club, sports team, etc. Enjoy yourself. Make sure your fly is up. Don't worry about doing something foolish, you will, so enjoy the attention and don't take it personally. In 3 years you'll be a senior looking down on all the punky freshman. Oh yeah, do your homework.
"Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best"
Old 08-11-2001, 11:00 AM   #3
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Excellent advice Zook! I would add...sit in the front row of each class. When your teacher knows you not only are you forced to work harder (that really is a good thing!!) but if you are having trouble it is easier to get help.

Enjoy yourself. Don't believe anyone when they say you are in the "best years of your life" (it just keeps getting better!) but also don't get too stressed by it. Have FUN!

Good luck and don't forget that there are a ton of teachers here who would be willing to help out any time.
"if the world is night,

shine my life like a light"

Indigo Girls
Old 08-12-2001, 07:00 AM   #4
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Thanks much for the advice , the countdown to high school has started , i have 12 days , before my own personel torment begins (i'm gonna hate highschool, all my buddies moved to a nearby city ). Well i'm off to play everquest , dont wanna waste my last few days , anyone out there in the little grades , ENJOY YOURSELF WHILE U CAN !!!
sincerely,
Justin989
Old 09-01-2001, 04:00 AM   #5
Anonymous
Dumb Person

So, Justin989, how were the first days of High School?
Old 09-03-2001, 07:00 PM   #6
Anonymous
Dumb Person

High school is the best , i'm taking AG , i'm gonna take botany next year . I already got me a girl friend , and i'm having a bunch of friends over for the night on the 15th , it is sort of a birthday party for me . I love high school !
sincerely,
Justin989
Old 09-04-2001, 08:00 AM   #7
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Wow! Either you never needed our advice or it was the best advice ever! I can guess which!

Whats AG!
Old 09-06-2001, 04:00 PM   #8
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I'm so glad your first days were so great! Hopefully things will just keep getting better and better. (Don't let the girlfriend ruin your life! Just kidding! [please, no hate mail])
Old 09-11-2001, 07:00 PM   #9
Anonymous
Dumb Person

BLAH ! she wont ruin my life , if anything i'll ruin hers =) The advice was great , and very helpful . Ag is agriculture , in other words it is Future Farmers of America (FFA) . Tonight we had a burger-barbq , it was great ! Hehe i better get to bed , almost 10:00 =(
sincerely,
Justin989
Old 09-12-2001, 04:00 PM   #10
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I remember FFA from HS. Not in it, I was a band geek, but saw the great service to the community. In my day (man does that make me sound old!), the 70's, I had three strikes against me - I got good grades, I was in the band, and I didn't do drugs. This may not sound like such a bad thing, but in my HS, trust me, this was "bad". It helps to understand that we actually had a smoking area approved by the administration where students that had their parent's permission could smoke during lunch and free periods! Of course lots of drugs were bought and sold also, hence the strike against me for not being a druggie. My only saving grace in the eyes of my classmates was that I played baseball. In our little town, sports were a big deal. Especially football and baseball. Our little league teams advanced every year past the first couple of rounds of competition. (Congrats to the US Champs from Apopka, just up the road from Orlando, where I am now.) My HS was in Washington state, just north of Vancouver, USA (yes, the name was officially changed to include the USA after mail kept ending up in Canada!) on the way up I-5 to Seattle. Where do you hail from?
Old 08-29-2002, 08:00 AM   #11
Anonymous
Dumb Person

Thats too much too read But DID I JUST SEE DO YOU HOME WORK all well If anyone teaches me they'll have a hard time making me do my homework I put hamwork I hate ham and pork or any pig parts I hate pigs my whole familly does well most hamwork work with ham noooo way I'd wrather do my homework okay now this gave butterflys in my stomack.

And I seen do your homework some ware in the top if you get what im saying.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:00 PM   #12
Anonymous
Dumb Person

?????????I can't read a single thing on that post that I made I wish I put piriods and I do my homework now because my class is toooo easy.

Old 10-24-2003, 04:42 PM   #13
thepurplecow
Puny Mortal

Default ...

no offense but u ppl can't spell...
thepurplecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:21 PM   #14
asmussen
Dumb Person

No offense, but do you realize you're criticizing a thread that hasn't been posted to in over a year?
Old 10-25-2003, 06:57 AM   #15
Dave Hettel
attack of the gnomes

Heh, I just realized that. Kind of funny.
Dave Hettel is offline   Reply With Quote