Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Loonyland

Old 04-03-2001, 07:00 AM   #1
Anonymous
Dumb Person

OK-- I give up!! I've tried so many different sequences and started over so many times, that I can't remember exactly what I've done. This is very frustrating!! I can't figure out how to stop the current in front of the entrance to the next level. I bet the one key I can't find is farther under the lake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Cherie
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:00 AM   #2
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I know that the electric fences and the doors are controlled by the switches. It's just that I have tried so many different combinations to get to the center. I always end up blocked by an electric fence, or, if I get the fence off, then a door won't open. I'll give it another shot.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:00 AM   #3
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

This is probably going to be a big spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know exactly how that puzzle works....

Each of those fuses turns the power on or off to one of those 8 rooms surrounding the central room. That's why they're arranged that way. The trick is that the rooms contain electric fences and automatic doors - electric fences block you if they're turned on, and doors can only open if they're turned on. So you have to find the right combination of rooms that are on and rooms that are off to create a path to wherever you want to go. Notice that there are 4 entrances to the middle chamber, if that's where you want to go. So it's not necessarily the one directly below you that you can use to get there. Look at each room in terms of where you could go from there if it was on, and where you could go if it was off.

Mike Hommel

Marshmallow Head, Hamumu Software

http://www.hamumu.com

jamul@hamumu.com
Old 04-04-2001, 03:00 AM   #4
Anonymous
Dumb Person

I finally made it!! I kept track of which switches I would flip and, probably by dumb luck, I hit the right combination. So far this has been the most frustrating part of the game--the game is great!!

Thank you. Cherie
Old 04-04-2001, 07:00 AM   #5
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

I thought of a new way to give advice on this, now that it's too late for you...

Go room by room - if it's possible to power/unpower the room you're in such that it will let you go to the next without keeping you from entering it in the first place, then you're on the right track, and keep going! I think it's pretty easy if you do it that way, physically walking into each room to look at what you'd be flipping on and off, and then backtracking to the fuses to set it right. And of course, the most obvious trick is this: You know how you have to go to get there, because you got to fusebox originally by going up the right side, and all the barriers to the central room were on when you did. So obviously anything you do to shut off those barriers will also make it so you can't travel that way. So the left side must be the way! That sounds a lot more complicated than it is. I'm not good at explaining things.

Mike Hommel

Marshmallow Head, Hamumu Software

http://www.hamumu.com

jamul@hamumu.com
Old 05-10-2004, 07:13 AM   #6
seyah3
Dumb Person

Default deeper under the lake switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheriec51
I finally made it!! I kept track of which switches I would flip and, probably by dumb luck, I hit the right combination. So far this has been the most frustrating part of the game--the game is great!!

Thank you. Cherie
Could you please send me the swtich combination you used. I am going crazy trying to figure them out.

Thank You
seyah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
ngowens
Less Puny Mortal

Default Spoiler on switches to get deeper under the lake

After much agony, reading the FAQ, reading this forum, etc., I still had a hard time with the switche settings allowing you access to the center of the room and hence deeper under the lake. So, below is a spoiler for that path:

|
v

R = pointing toward the right L = pointing toward the left
X = point of entry to switches

This path DOES NOT require using any hidden walls
picturing the grid as:

6 7 8 equals R L L

4 5 equals L L

1 2 3 equals L R L
X X
ngowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
evil eye
Dumb Person

Send a message via MSN to evil eye

Maybe my way is lame but i just use the speed badge and slo-mo badge and i always get in????