Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017
Old 05-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #1
Cheeseman778
Dumb Person

Send a message via MSN to Cheeseman778
Default Mini Game Madness

Mini Game Madness is a world I'm making. But I'm just wondering...Does any1 have game ideas. So far, I have Whack-a-Zoid, this game where u bounce around w/o getting hurt ("Bounce, baby!") and this game called Tank Attack. Does any1 have ideas?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

There are lots of ways to use shooting:

With a swapgun, you have to hit just the right guy, or you end up in water.

With bombs, you can try to do bank shots to bowl mummies (something Mark did in one of his early worlds).

An impossible hallway of death patrols and death turrets... you need to run in with an energy barrier and a stopwatch, and start your stopwatch just when the energy barrier runs out in order to make it (that may not quite work, I think bullets still move when time is stopped).

You get a couple turret packs (and maybe they actually make missile turrets for better firepower), and about 10 seconds to place them to prepare for an onslaught that will come when walls go down.

Reflect Shields are always an interesting challenge.

Unrelated to shooting, short stealth challenges which involve precise timing can be fun. Those fire traps that I seem to think are called Toasters can make them tougher with light that goes on and off (or you can also do that with specials, probably a better idea).

Bumper cars would be a quick and simple mini-game.

Back to shooting: precision hammer throwing with 1 hammer and a sproingy spring to hit targets that are behind a wall.

A slot machine made by using continuous high-speed Swapmap specials, where you step on the lever, it deletes all of the swap specials (so the three slots sit at whichever picture they were on), and sets V1 to 1. Then another special says "If V1 is 1, and the tile at X,Y is a brain picture, and the one at X2,Y2 is a brain picture, and X3,Y3 is also a brain picture, say 'You won a prize' and drop a brain", maybe with other possible prizes too.

With a Toaster and an ammo crate, try to outgun magmazoids and Scary Scarab.

Beat shocking horrors, jellofishes and such with a Zap Wand and an ammo crate.

An underwater arena where the only weapons are lots of Toasters.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
Cheeseman778
Dumb Person

Thanks, Jamul. Let's of cool ideas I may not have thought of. I'll try those when I get home (I'm @ the library).
Old 05-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
Cheeseman778
Dumb Person

Umm....doesn't any1 else have ideas? My world may b bigger than planned.....
Old 05-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
Cheeseman778
Dumb Person

Oh. And I meant "Sub Attack." Not "Tank Attack," if yur scratching yur head or anything...I plan 2 use some ideas when I get home.....
Old 05-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #6
Dave Hettel
attack of the gnomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamul
An underwater arena where the only weapons are lots of Toasters.
i liked them better when they were called Flamethrowers. don't know why, it just sounds better.

also, do something like pac man.
Dave Hettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:45 PM   #7
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

The name changes were because of the tiny amount of space in the weapon name window. I actually do like Toaster a LOT better... flamethrower is just too military. What I don't like better is Zap Wand. Lightning Rod is much more classic.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:31 AM   #8
pantsofpower
Dumb Person

I was going to do a world once with several mini-games scattered around to find and play, but it was never finished. One of the best ideas was a sort of "space invaders" game. I made a large area composed mostly of pure black tiles set to "water." The idea was to fly your spaceship (the mini sub) around this area defeating badguys. Since you're flying over water tiles (I set the level flag 'stars' on to give the illusion of flying through space) you have to watch your fuel supply, if you run out, you die. There were several fuel stations scattered about as well which replenished your fuel. I think it's an awesome idea, and I might get around to using it some day, but for now I don't mind if Cheeseman uses it in his mini game world.