Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017
Old 06-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
isparklesalot
Dumb Person

Send a message via AIM to isparklesalot
Default Baby Shower

Hey are you ladies out there, espically the moms and grandmoms:

I have to throw two baby showers and a bridal shower in the next few months. I have a few ideas for games, but I was wondering if anyone had any favorites. Thank you for all the input.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:34 AM   #2
Bearly
Dumb Person

wish I could help but we don't have baby showers or bridal showers over here. We do have hen nights (is it the same sort of thing?) which usually involves all the girls going out on a big night out to pubs & clubs, but my friend had an Ann Summers party for her hen night & everyone had to wear something pink, it was a lot of fun. Ann Summers is an adult shop, so we had a couple of games & then laughed at the products! Everyone enjoyed it and we even had the mother & future mother in law there too!

Good luck with your showers - hope they go well.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
LooneyMama
Dumb Person

I have 2 games that I have played at baby showers that I thought were good. One involves stripping all the labels off bottles of different "flavors" of baby food and the participants have to try to figure out what flavors they are just by looking at them. Do you have any idea how many different orange baby foods there are?????? The winner is the one who gets the most right. The other game involves rolls of toilet paper and the particpants have to guess how much toilet paper it would take to get around the belly of the mom-to-be. Each participant is given their own roll and they have to rip off as many sheets as they think it would take to get around the mom-to-be. Whoever guesses closest is the winner. I'll bet you could find a website with a ton of suggestions for these types of games. Good luck and I hope you have great parties!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
isparklesalot
Dumb Person

Thanks girls. I think we are doing the toilet paper at one of them. The baby food one is a great idea !!! I am glad I don't have to guess : ) I was trying to think up some ones that were not played all the time. With two down and one more game to think of, I am half way done with the planning. Thanks again ladies : ) I will post again and let you know how they all turn out.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:10 PM   #5
CatWoman
Brainiac!

I played a baby shower game once that was kind of fun. But it only works if you know the baby's name in advance. Write the letters for the name on a piece of paper, then photocopy. For example,
B
E
T
T
Y

A
N
N
E

Then everyone has to write down a word relating to babies next to each letter (which would be the first letter in the word) and within a timeframe like 2 minutes. We got some hilarious responses on that one! And you could get some pretty racy ones at a bridal shower if you use the groom's name!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
isparklesalot
Dumb Person

Thanks. That one is a good idea. Espically since the groom is my husband's best friend. I can't use it at the baby showers because they are not telling us the names; but they will tell us if it is boy or a girl. Silly parents : ) Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #7
Jordo
King of the Clowns

I went to one once.

No, seriously. There were games, one was a crossword that my mom made with spreadsheet. It was baby related words obviously, and you could put a mystery word in there like my mom did.

Another had to do with baby pins and a giant bowl of rice. You would hide the pins in the rice and the people would have to close their eyes and find as many as they could.
Closed Thread