Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Non-Hamumu Games

Old 11-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #1
blackmyth
eats people.

Default •Diablo Help•

I used to be so good, but that was like... four years ago. Anyway, I need some sort of strategy for the Butcher (yes, that pathetic guy). I currently a Rogue, and here are my stats (BTW Yes I will level up to like... 10, but not now, I am trying to buy the long bow):

Level:3
_______Base|Now
Strength:__23| 23
Magic:____15| 15
Dexterity:_30| 30
Vitality:___27|27
Life:_____56|41
Mana:____23|23
Resist Magic:0%
Resist Fire:0%
Resist Lightning:0%
Experience:5977
Next Level:8040
Gold:427
Armor Class:9
To Hit:65%
Damage:1-4
Old 11-29-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
blackmyth
eats people.

Almost forgot:

Equipped:
Skull Cap: Armor:3, Dur:9/20

Short Bow: Damage:1-4, Dur:13/30

Potion of Healing x3
Inventory:

Gold (mentioned in upper post)

Club x2: Damage:1-6 Dur #1:11/20,Dur #2:6/20

Sabre x2amage:1-8, Dur #1 & #2:16/45, Required Strength:17 Str.

Short Bowamage: 1-4, Dur:21/30

Cap: Armor:3, Dur:9/15,Not Identified
Old 11-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

I always exterminate a few dungeons and level up a bunch before i take him on. then he becomes ridiculously easy to beat. with a rogue, i usually hit and run. open the door, run away then hit him while he's coming at you. before he gets close enough to hit, run away then hit him. lather, rinse, repeat. always repeat. sort of a cheap way to beat him and quite tedious, but hey, it works.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
blackmyth
eats people.

Ok, and how hard is King Leoric? I heard from Griswald that he had a huge two handed mithril sword... That freaks me out some.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

again, level up a lot before taking him on. he summons skeletons, so take out everything in the side rooms before you go picking a fight. he's melee, so the same tactics apply for the rogue. the slight difference is the extra skeletons he summons, and sometimes archers. if you keep him angry and chasing you, he shouldn't summon that often. there's less room to move around, which makes this next vital part a bit tricky: do not let him hit you. whenever he does, he will steal life from you. but the item he drops will let you steal life, and that's pretty cool. i think it will only steal with melee attacks, though. so it's kinda useless with a bow rogue. eh, kick his bony old behind, anyway.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
blackmyth
eats people.

Is there any specific items I should have equipped that would help? And does he have an certain weakness?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

I can't think of any weakness, besides ranged attacks. as for items, just get some cool items, either from killing everything in the dungeons, or whatever you can afford from the shop. it's not hard to amass enough cash.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
blackmyth
eats people.

What about Holy Bolts? It's already impossible to hit him because he summons skeletons in front of him, I just want to know if it's worth the time and mana.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #9
blackmyth
eats people.

And is the Ice Shank worth keeping?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #10
blackmyth
eats people.

WOW!!! Contricting Ring is worth 15500 in cash. It's effect is odd though. Resist all, 75% max. Lose HP constantly. Like the ice shank, I dunno if I should sell it. I think the ice shank is worth 1350 or something. Need help GrimSweeper, please reply.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

Items are up to you. I dont know how you're playing it, what your strengths are as a player, etc. In general, Warriors should try for high strength and defense; Rangers, accuracy; Mages, mana. Other than that, whatever works. Sometimes in later levels you'll run against enemies who use lots of fire attacks, sometimes they'll use lightning. I wouldn't advise selling something you may need just for gold. I kill everything on the way down, then pick up everything they drop. Literally everything. Then sell anything non useful (rags and such). The useful stuff I just drop in the town square in case I need it later. It can get tedious running back and forth to sell stuff, but you'll always have cash. That being said, I'd keep the Constricting Ring, you may need it in later levels when just about every enemy uses high level elemental attacks. And I dont know the stats for the Ice Shank.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
blackmyth
eats people.

Ice Shank boosts strength a little, and has I think 40% resistance to fire. It's a unique item, just like Constricting Ring. Are you sure Contricting Ring is worth having? After about two seconds or three, I had lost nearly 1/3 of my health. :P
Old 01-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

Keeping the Ice Shank depends on whether you need the strength and fire resistance, and depends on what you need to give up for it. As for the Constricting Ring, losing 1/3 health is better than dying from one elemental hit. But that won't happen until later levels. You don't need to keep it equipped, but keep it around where you can find it if you end up needing to use it.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #14
blackmyth
eats people.

I usually drop Short Bows, and maces, and Clubs if I need the space. I ALWAYS keep unidentified items, it's worth the space and gold that you pay to identify it, since Griswold always pays more. Questions:

1. What is on the 5th floor.
2. What is up with that book on the 4th floor.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #15
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

I think the 5th floor is the start of the catacombs. There are several books that appear on random levels, or sometimes not at all. Some tell of the exile of the Three Prime Evils, some open a quest.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #16
blackmyth
eats people.

1. Is Valor the best armor you can get? I have it, Butcher's Cleaver, Crown of the Dead, Ring of Vim, and Ring of Strength equipped btw.

2. Is there anything I need to know about the Halls of the Blind?
Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #17
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

Valor is the best armor I've ever found. That quest and Halls of the Blind are nice quests, because they're not that hard, and give awesome items. I think the Optic Amulet (prize for the Blind) is the best amulet. You have to fight invisible monsters to get to it, so it can be somewhat tough. I usually open the door to it, then stand still and shoot/slash like crazy, until things stop dying. It can take quite a few health potions, but if you move out of the doorway, the invisible things will come out and chase you, or mob you if you go inside too early. I like Crown of the Dead, with it's life steal. I almost never use the Butcher's Cleaver. Too slow for my tastes. Plus you can't carry a shield. When you get to the mines, hope you get the Anvil of Fury quest. I love Griswold's Blade.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #18
blackmyth
eats people.

It's funny how fast I go through levels. I beat the HoB almost immediately after I asked how to. I have switched to a different helmet, because it gives 8 to all attributes, and the life stealing wasn't helping like I thought it would. I have the Deadly Maul of Swiftness equipped, but I think I am gonna switch back to using the Ice Shank as a ward (I am in part one of the caves) for those lava guys, and take everything out with Lighting instead. I have never come across an enemy that could stand my waves of lighting. Where do I get a brain for Pepin? I'm not gonna do the Anvil of Fury quest until after I do that. Unless it's easier, in which case I will. And having Shield of Accuracy (+14 to dexterity) is better then the kite shield right? I've found it's more helpful, even with a little less armor.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:37 PM   #19
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

To get a brain, you just have to kill a demon, and it will drop it. Some things arent classified as demons, though. I'm not sure the lava guys count, but whatever else is around should.
This topic got me on a Diablo fix, and I've been playing it a lot the past few days. Except I just got Hellfire. There are awesome new items.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #20
blackmyth
eats people.

I've been slaying demons left and right, and now I am on the tenth level I think (the second level of the caves) and I still don't have a brain.