Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017
Old 03-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #41
crassycatz
Dumb Person

Send a message via AIM to crassycatz Send a message via MSN to crassycatz Send a message via Yahoo to crassycatz

lol, jamul, paint is usually kept - Start > All programs > accessories! Im pretty certain its pre installed on all pcs!!
crassycatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:06 AM   #42
dorham
Puny Mortal

Send a message via ICQ to dorham
Default #40 - Blacker Box

I got a bunch of dots, is it right or am I doing it wrong?
I can't make anything out of those dots.
dorham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #43
misterpink
Medium Mortal

this is driving me crazy.

It seems now that the information needed to solve this puzzle can be retrieved from either a graphic editor (as jamul mentioned) or from another type of editor (hinted to multiple times in this thread) This, and other colorful hints, have pretty much made it obvious to me what the information is that is required - which I have gathered...

But now what the **** to do with it? Ive tried everything I can think of for days on end and without a question to lead me in the direction of what kind of answer I should be throwing in ... Im about ready to bust a blood vessel.

ARGH!
misterpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #44
Basecamp88
Puny Mortal

Can someone please PM me on this. I have used the tool mentioned above and found the information I need, but I don't know exactly what to do with that information in order to solve the puzzle.
Basecamp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #45
Basecamp88
Puny Mortal

*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF* Thanks to a hint from Twix (thanx!) and the help from many of my coworkers I finally solved this one.

To help those who are still stuck, you need two tools for this one. One you can download on the web (listed earlier in the post) and one comes installed standard on most operating systems.

I must have spent 2 weeks on this thing! Great job thinking this thing up! And good luck to those still trying to decimate this one
Basecamp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #46
lichtenstein
Medium Mortal

Default wow

for all those who think theyve been stumped, i tried this puzzle for weeks and i finnaly figured it out. my best advice, look at all the clues. u have a program to use, theres a tool to find somthing hidden. if u wna skip that check out jayisgames.com and look at their comments for dumbthegame. there are some interesting things ull find on blacker box. and just as a reminder to those still trying to decimate this problem, ull get it eventually, so no use trying to put a hex on jamul. good luck
lichtenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #47
muddylemon
Less Puny Mortal

oy... that took forever. Finally cracked it. woot!
muddylemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #48
Jason
Puny Mortal

Default Oh...my...god!

Jeez! I finally solved this one. But could the method to solving this one have been any more obscure?! :?

I can't really say I truly solved it myself, more like I did research based on all the clues that were provided by other people.

My advice if you're still completely clueless like I was: I think it's fairly obvious from the preceding messages that you will need an application that most people don't already have on their computers. There is at least one such program that's freely available on the web (it has been mentioned a few times). Assuming you find such a program, reread some of the messages on this board and take note of the dialog, not only is some of it very colorful, but some people have done a good job at mapping out the first steps in solving the problem. Albeit in a less than obvious fashion. :wink:

Good luck!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #49
Rebes
Medium Mortal

This one took me a long time to solve... I must admit, it was my favorite so far!

Hint: There is something hidden in this picture, but editing the picture won't help you.

Edit: I'd like to add, once you find what's hidden in the picture, it will lead you on a very specific path, however I found that even that path wasn't so easy to follow. References were very obscure.

R!
Rebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #50
JGS007
Large Mortal

Okay, so I've downloaded GIMP and started fooling around with the dialog menu per the hints provided on jayisgames.com. I'm not sure what I am supposed to convert, as that hint was not as clear as I wish it could be. For those who have solved this I assume you know what I'm talking about. Please set me on the right track...

J
JGS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #51
Lep
Puny Mortal

Send a message via AIM to Lep Send a message via MSN to Lep Send a message via Yahoo to Lep
Default Blacker Box

Oh wow this was a beautiful puzzle

I tried everything I could, using standard PSP I found the variations in the file and tried for weeks to find a hidden image.

Then, in the shower funnily enough, I suddenly had an epiphiny... rushed back to the PC, still dripping, checked some figures... and yes. 105th solve.

I even love the tenuous link with the puzzle answer and the puzzle name.

Well done indeed.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #52
Garf
Medium Mortal

Feels good to solve this one. After staring at the info for weeks I suddenly opened my eyes and saw the answer.
Garf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:49 AM   #53
Zhey
Less Puny Mortal

Send a message via AIM to Zhey Send a message via MSN to Zhey Send a message via Yahoo to Zhey

Ah...

I'm kinda lost as to why this is such a "beautiful puzzle" since I did it in a really mechanical way and just googled the answer. I dare say that I was one of the SUPER lucky ones who stumbled on the right webtool to use. So I sort of solved it really fast. Which also equates to me not being able to savour the delightfulness of solving this puzzle.

Anyone can enlighten me as to why this puzzle is so good? A PM perhaps?

Hint for those who are still stuck: The hints on the first page are basically what you need to get started. And as what someone else said in the previous posts, you need to open EVERY SINGLE DIALOGUE and spot something that is a bit off from common knowledge. Then you need to employ another webtool to help. And after that comes googling.

Er.... Hope that helps? xD

PM if you want some more hints.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #54
jdstew218
Large Mortal

Could someone PM me with some assistance on this one. I've gotten to the part referenced by the clue about "hexing" someone but don't know what to do with the 9 hexes I have...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #55
eyesofblue227
Less Puny Mortal

Send a message via AIM to eyesofblue227 Send a message via MSN to eyesofblue227 Send a message via Yahoo to eyesofblue227
Default Need serious pity!!! PLEASE!!!

I think I know which program is needed here...but as to which version and even how to correctly apply the program with the picture completely alludes me. Please, someone kindly have pity on this poor, computer illiterate soul! Thank you in advance.
eyesofblue227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #56
Masem
Dumb Person

The Gimp is a free (GPL) program with photoshop like features. You can get it from http://www.gimp.org/. I know there is one specific dialog in this that will get you started on the puzzle. I'm sure other tools have the same way to get the info needed to run the puzzle, but I do know it's basically one click away on Gimp.

As I mentioned to someone in PM as a clue, this is Blacker Box - the picture is very, but not quite, black. This is for a reason.
Masem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #57
eyesofblue227
Less Puny Mortal

Send a message via AIM to eyesofblue227 Send a message via MSN to eyesofblue227 Send a message via Yahoo to eyesofblue227

Thanks Masem...will try it again.
Solved it, finally!!!!!!! That was pretty cool!!!!
eyesofblue227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #58
senork
Less Puny Mortal

Finally got it, and yes, I agree that this is one of the best puzzles.
senork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #59
aerobright
Less Puny Mortal

Default If not GIMP?

Ok, what if GIMP will not work? I've tried downloading it twice now and it has problems loading a dll file. I have paint shop pro. Will someone walk me through that? PM or whatever. This just isn't fun anymore on this one without the first step.
aerobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #60
Futzy
Puny Mortal

Down to 2 puzzles, but I am stuck on this one, have played with the image file in several different apps, have not been able to discover what I am missing... A PM with a good nudge would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Futzy
Futzy is offline   Reply With Quote