Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 05-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
lilbit
Dumb Person

Default email, web sites for hoaxers, scammers

The following is a rant. And a wistful hope.
.................................................. ..................
Conning.

I'm sick of it. It is a reprehensible thing to do. People of all ages, young to old, think it's great to con others.

Sleazily conning for other people's hard earned money because they themselves are too lazy or immoral to earn it honestly.

Conning for their own twisted private infomation and pleasure, just because they can or want to or want it because... the grass is purple and cows jump over the moon.

Conning because they are simply unconscionable and want to meanly hurt or damage in some way, be it financial or personal, people, ideas, faith, politics, ... the list is endless.

Conning, foolishly, because it's a lark, so much fun.

The conners of this world justify and con themselves in so many ways. The truth is: they are outside the boundaries of moral, legal, societal, decent behavior. They are flat wrong.

Some know they're wrong but don't care. They are bent and twisted.

They cause untold $billions in damage, they cause unknown vast heartaches and headaches. They cause suicide and revengeful murder. They are murderers; murderers of life, hopes, faith, trust.

They trash every and anything you can imagine. Conners usually start young. From the naively smallest, 'Gee that was fun. I'm so smart and clever. I'll do that again because it didn't really hurt anyone' , to the biggest, 'I got them where it hurts. Yay for me. I'm so smart and clever.'

Sadly, so many get away with it. The little not-so-bad things we do as we grow, (me too, I'm still growing), if not reined in, will lead to the bigger badder things.

Mostly, these conners somehow didn't face any consequences or condemnation of their actions as they grew. They either were not taught right from wrong or threw away those teachings. They were not taught, or threw away, the virtues of honor, courage, decency, peacefulness, humility, love and respect for others.

Young people are our future, our hopes, our longed for earthly redemption of our personal lives.

I'm thinking about it. Stand straight, proud, and be strong in your beliefs for good. Use whatever skills you have for the rightness of it. Be the person inside that you will not be ashamed to outwardly show.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

And... whatever you do, don't join the legion of conners.
Done.

lilbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Sorry, for picking holes but:

Yes, Conners do take peoples' hard earned money BUT it is just human nature to be better than the next guy.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
blackmyth
eats people.

Let me give a good example of people with LOTS (I MEAN LOTS) still wanting more. On habbohotel.com, it costs $5 to buy 25 coins, which you can buy stuff from the habbo catalogue with. A guy I met was loaded, I mean loaded, with furniture. He had 4 white pillows (worth 15 HC each, and an HC sofa is worth 50 coins), a white laser gate (7-14 HCs, I forgot), 2 Lerts (3 HC a piece, but still very rare), and 2 blue hyacinths (very rare, and worth 2 HC). On top of that, his room with these had 10 Dicemasters (40 coins each), and 10+ HC sofas. He scammed me out of a dicemaster... A dicemaster!!! A puny little dicemaster.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
susan3001
Dumb Person

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did all this come from? Did something happen to you Lilbit?

And Mr. Onion- it is not in all peaples' nature to be better than the next guy. That is really a lower primal nature that some peaple have evolved above! Any way, I don't think that's what Lilbit was talking about!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
lilbit
Dumb Person

Nothing happened that doesn't happen to everyone in some amount, just seems to be proliferating faster and faster for me. A person can't open their email anymore with wading through thirty to fourty spammers and hoaxers. Yes, I know someone scavenged my email somehow. I was on a rant yesterday because of a particular ebay scam, and most particularly, because of my niece's birthday being so messed up (scammer problem-long story). Suffice to say that scammers cause so much trouble, frustration and tears that I wanted to scream.

I never click on the links nor reply to these hoaxers tho I was naive enough when they first trickled in to click on the unsubscribe link which is all it took according to some pro's I've heard, read, and spoke with. Now the trickle is a flood.

I get so much of this trash that I wondered why and how some people become so unscupulous, so devoid of any morals. Leading to the rant.
And a hopeful wish for a better internet, a better world, which can only be provided by the bright minds now growing up.

I have my scam filter set on high now which has eased the load somewhat but has created numerous problems for me in lost emails that I wanted and most of all, needed. My service provider has said the last option is to change my email address. My email address! The one everyone of my friends, family, business customers, personal dealings, etc, knows! I've had it for fifteen years! Oh the trouble that will cause. Sigh

Conners! Bah! Humbug!
Less than the dirt you kick off your shoes!

Uh oh... getting steamed again. gotta stop.

lilbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #6
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy
Dumb Person

I concur. Curse those scammers...
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 AM   #7
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Lilbit, I think the reason you are being spammed such is becuase your e-mail address is right and availible to all browsing the forum.